Emergency Notification System
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Read the information below to stay up-to-date on Hampton University's response to COVID-19.
- President's Letter to Students (May 15, 2020)
- President's Letter to Graduating Seniors (May 8, 2020)
- President's Message to HU Students on COVID-19 (Apr. 24, 2020)
- President's Message to HU Students on COVID-19 (Apr. 21, 2020)
- Message from the Vice President for Administrative
Services (April 1, 2020)
- President's Message on COVID-19 (Mar. 25, 2020)
- President's Message on COVID-19 (Mar. 12, 2020)
- Message from the Registrar
- Message to Students & Parents
- Message to Faculty
- Message to Staff
CDC COVID-19 Information
- COVID-19 Alerts
- About COVID-19
- CDC – Traveler's Health
- VA Department of Health - COVID-19
- Travel Advisories
Pirate Notification System (PNS)
The Pirate Notification System (PNS) is Hampton University's urgent notification system, comprised of a variety of methods by which the University can contact students, faculty, and staff. Ways to contact include:
- Text messages (SMS) to mobile devices
- Calls to home, office, and mobile phones
- E-mails to non-Hampton University addresses
- E-mails to Hampton University addresses are sent by default
Alerts will be sent by the Hampton University Police Department or the Business Office, depending on the nature of the situation.
The Pirate Notification System is a free service and will not charge you a subscribers fee. Standard text message and phone rates for your phone provider will apply.
How to Register for PNS
Students, faculty and staff are automatically imported into PNS. Users are then invited via email to create an account on the Member Portal and input additional methods of contact. Members are encouraged to register immediately as the email invitation will expire.
Updating Your PNS Account
If you have already created a PNS profile and want to update it, click the link above and sign in to update your information.